Saturday, October 5, 2013

Howl

I've been arguing for a while that every man has a price tag.
The price is not necessarily in cash, it could be anything.

I convinced myself that no man deserves my trust as long as he is not dead. And like any other conclusion I make for myself, it remains valid until it destroys itself by a contrary fact.

There is no principle strong enough to not be traded. The problem might not be originated from the principle itself, the human nature has it in its genes.

Those who kept their principles until their last day alive are not an exception, no one offered them the right price.

What's more ultimate than "Heavens"? Sometimes, for some people, the price is Heavens. though, it still a price!

So, my fundamental; "don't trust a man who is not dead yet" will remain standing until anybody can prove the opposite. despite the opposite is not looking prettier to me.

Two controversial facts are struggling in my head; "people change" and "people never change". They are both extremely righteous and extremely vulgar!
If people do change then why should I trust them with their principles? And if they never change then how can I be sure if they will abandon the wrong and follow the right once they see it?



I don't get so much excited when I read something that doesn't shake my convictions, this what happened when I finished reading the novel "Howl" by Ibrahim Nasrallah.

The novel  can by summarized in its last page, "Ghassan Kanafani died 16 years ago."
This was the punchline by Sa'ad answering the interrogator question about his new role model writer to work on him and change his loyalty!

Yes, no one can change the loyalty of a dead man, you had your chances once he was alive.



2 comments:

  1. I congrats you on your fundamental ...
    And keep such inspiring thoughts coming, ok?

    ReplyDelete