Friday, November 1, 2013

Ethical Dilemma


Basically, each particle in the nature tends to be at the level where it dissipates the lowest energy. This is the reason that lies behind chemical reactions in one way or another.

Humans, like particles, are preferring to be always in a situation of complete rest. This is what we call laziness! Of course men are most famous of being lazy, what a shame! (or is it a shame?)

Part of my job is to do pre-installation calculations for the VSAT network we are running. Those calculations are time consuming and tedious! Of course everything will look the same after doing it for a while. So I decided to let the computer do my job while I can get busy in something else more interesting, or just lay down like an old dog!

I have no great experience in programming, but thanks to Google, it became not only possible, but true!
After hours of trial and error and searching for the optimal coding method, more than 1,400 lines of the code were done. Some bugs remained at the end but I figured out a way to go around them.






But the question is, now after doing this part which I can't keep it as "my little secret" for long time, is it ethical to be getting paid when the computer is doing what I am supposed to do? And is it possible that I will be replaced by a computer?

I'm not afraid by the last part, since my job is not limited to what that piece of code does! (they call me the joker as that in the playing card because I fit anywhere) but my concern is about the ethical part.


Can anybody help solving this dilemma? 



No comments:

Post a Comment